Five Islands Clinic is the clinic of Doctor Katherine Brown
About the Doctor: Katherine Brown
Dr Katherine Brown is a sexual health and forensic physician.
In the public sector Katherine provides clinical services for the diagnosis and treatment of sexually transmissible infections and HIV as well as sexual assault forensic examinations. Her private practice interests include genital skin, genital pain, sexual function, reproductive health, the diagnosis and management of chronic or recurrent vaginal discharge and clinical forensic medicine. Genital skin conditions include chronic conditions such as lichen sclerosus, lichen planus, dermatitis and chronic candida as well as acute presentations of a range of conditions affecting the anogenital region.
Katherine is a Clinical Associate Professor with appointments at the University of Sydney and the University of Wollongong. She teaches undergraduate medical students about sexual health and HIV medicine in Phase 1 & 2 at the Graduate School of Medicine and forensic medicine in Phase 4. At the University of Sydney she is the Course Coordinator for a Unit of Study on Adult Sexual Assault in the Master of Medicine/Science course on HIV, Sexually Transmissible Infections and Sexual Health. She has been instrumental in the development and delivery of a number of continuing professional development courses for health practitioners delivered on line covering sexually transmissible infections, genital dermatology, genital pain and sexual assault medicine. She is a past president of the Chapter of Sexual Health Medicine. In 2009 the RACP awarded Katherine with a College medal for outstanding service.
- MBBS Sydney University 1978
- Diploma of Obstetrics RACOG 1980
- Diploma in Venereology Monash University 1990
- Fellow Australasian College of Sexual Health Physicians 1994
- Associate Fellow, Royal Australasian College of Medical Administrators 1996
- MSc (Health Policy & Management) University of Wollongong 1998
- Fellow, Chapter of Sexual Health Medicine, Royal Australasian College of Physicians 2004
- M Forensic Medicine Monash University 2012
- Fellow, Faculty of Clinical Forensic Medicine, Royal College of Pathologists of Australasia 2014
ISSVD, ANZVS, ASHM, ASCCP, FAMSACA, BASHH, ANZAPHE